Engineering & Design Services
We custom design workholding solutions to fully address the parts features and workholding application. Some companies create "custom" chucks by altering a standard item to "make it work". Skill-Craft takes a systematic approach to design a chuck custom to you - custom to your application and custom to your part.
Whether you are replacing an existing chuck or having troubles with a current application, Skill-Craft engineers can provide you with the appropriate solution to your needs.
- FEA Analysis
- Fatigue Analysis
- 2D/3D Design
Troubleshooting & Reverse Engineering - Design Specifications - competitive Advantages & Strengths
Troubleshooting & Reverse Engineering
- Skill-Craft specializes in problem solving with over half a century of knowledge in workholding applications. Let Skill-Craft's engineers provide you with a solution if you are having trouble with:
- Constant maintenance of current chuck
- Out of round finished products
- High scrap rates
- Non-conforming production parts
- Chatter while machining
- Long change over times
- Poorly manufactured replacement tooling
- Long lead times for chuck assemblies or other perishable items
- Reverse Engineering
- Don't have prints of a current product, or don't know who made it? That's no problem!
- Skill-Craft has the most up-to date gages and checking capabilities that you don't need a print: Provide us with a current part and we will produce an identical replica.
With the latest, cutting edge design software and FEA analysis programs, Skill-Craft can provide you with the necessary drawings you need for your application. We can upload or provide engineering drawings in:
competitive Advantages & Strengths
- Long term ownership (33 years)
- (3) graduate engineers: Multiple employees with each having 25+ years dedication to Skill-Craft
- Knowledgeable with both Skill-Craft and non Skill-Craft workholding products: Continuous improvement achieved by transferring this knowledge to own custom designs
- Repair both Skill-Craft and non Skill-Craft chucks to achieve like new accuracy
- Excel in back engineering when no prints are available
- High Powered Expertise/Low Cost Business Structure
- Latest Automated Design and Manufacturing Technology (CAD, FEA, CAM, CNC)
- Precision/stability/repeatability (20-50 millionths) at high speeds >5000 RPM's
- Collets manufactured to a tolerance of .0001 inch
- World class reliability and maintainability
- AAA credit rating